Dedicated to the education of the consumer about beeswax candles.
Why Beeswax Candles and Essential Oils Are Not a Good Combination
Beeswax is a hard wax with a high melting point that burns hotter than other
waxes used for making candles. Essential oils become toxic when overheated.
Most essential oil diffusers are designed to be used with tealight candles made
with waxes that burn cooler. The essential oil heated by beeswax candles will
boil due to the high heat and become scorched very quickly.
The best way to diffuse essential oils is to use a cool air mister or ultrasonic
diffuser which don't use any heat.
Anytime we add any foreign substance to a pure beeswax candle , these impurities
will clog the wicking and affect how clean the candle burns. These impurities will
show as carbon capping or mushrooming on the tip of the wicking , resulting in
incomplete combustion which produces soot. Soot is carbon - unburned beeswax.